What we consign:
- Women’s and men’s clothing
- Anything Vintage
The Changing Room only accepts clean items in very good to excellent condition. Upon receipt, The Changing Room will evaluate the Property to determine its authenticity and quality. Condition issues may affect the value of the item. Items of Property that do not meet The Changing Room’s authenticity or quality standards, or are not included in our list of accepted brands, will not be accepted and will be returned to the Consignor at the Consignor’s expense (see “Return of Property” below).
- No stains and marks, especially light-coloured garments and around the neckline and underarms
- Check for holes and tears, particularly along hems and seams.
- No alterations, especially at hems and sleeves.
- No broken handles, straps, and zippers. Ensure all handbags parts are intact and functional.
- Products with cigarette, pet, and musty storage smells will not be accepted.
- Our team carefully inspects all products to ensure authenticity. No replicas or missing brand labels can be accepted.
The “Consignment Period” for an item of Property shall begin on the date the Inventory is approved by the Consignor for the duration of 6 months (with an option to renew for a further 6 months). The Consignment Period may be extended again upon mutual consent of both parties. After the Consignment Period, Consignor may request return of the Property. Return shipping expenses shall be paid by the Consignor and The Changing Room shall have no obligation to return such items unless and until the Consignor has provided for shipping at its sole expense.
Efforts to Sell: Price:
Upon acceptance of the Property, The Changing Room will display and make commercially reasonable efforts to sell the Property. The Consignor acknowledges that The Changing Room will designate the product category applicable to the Property. The initial selling price for the Property will be set by The Changing Room, and The Changing Room may change the price at its sole discretion from time to time without notice to Consignor. The Changing Room reserves the right to run promotions on its website and by other means and to offer discounts to its customers at its sole discretion. The Consignor acknowledges and agrees that items of its Property consigned hereunder may be advertised, displayed and sold with items belonging to other Consignors.
Title to Property:
Title to and ownership in the Property remains with the Consignor until a Property Sale, as defined below. A “Property Sale” shall be deemed to have occurred if an item of Property is:
- sold by The Changing Room and not returned to The Changing Room within the period specified in The Changing Room’s then-current Return Policy;
- lost or stolen from The Changing Room’s stock on hand;
- damaged or destroyed while in The Changing Room’s possession; or
- otherwise not physically present in The Changing Room’s stock on hand.
Payment and Commissions:
On the sale of any item of Property, the Consignor will receive a payment as defined in the spreadsheet given to the Consignor upon Consignment.
This amount shall be the Consignor’s sole compensation under this Agreement. The net selling price reflects all applicable VAT liabilities, sales commissions, courier costs, stylist and photography fees, promotions applied directly to or associated with the sold item.
The Changing Room shall furnish the Consignor with an updated Inventory and payment following the sale of that Consignor’s item/s within the first seven days of the month following the month during which the sale of any merchandise on behalf of the Consignor took place, The Changing Room shall remit via EFT to the Consignor, their commissions for such sales in accordance with their Inventory.
In the event of any dispute between the Parties, The Changing Room shall have no obligation to pay any Commission or other amount otherwise due to Consignor, including without limitation amounts unrelated to the dispute, unless and until such dispute is resolved.
Return of Property:
At any time during the Consignment Period, the Consignor may require the immediate removal of all or some of the Property from The Changing Room’s service, with reasonable written notice to The Changing Room. All costs of removing and returning the Property will be borne by the Consignor and The Changing Room shall have no obligation to return such items unless and until the Consignor has provided for shipping at its sole expense. Additionally, if the Consignor requests the return of Property prior to the end of the Consignment Period, there will be a fee of R500.00 per item to cover The Changing Room’s costs of storing, cataloguing and photographing the Property, and Consignor will be responsible for the shipping costs to and from The Changing Room.
In addition to the six month expiration first referred to above, either Party may terminate this Agreement at any time, for any reason. Termination shall be effective when either Party serves written notice thereof on the other Party. Costs listed above under “Return of Property” will apply.
How to Consign:
- Contact us via:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 0216831716
- Message shopthechangingroom – Instagram and Facebook
- Send your items to our store at:
Shop 3 and 4
- Let us do the work:
We evaluate, authenticate and inventorize all your items. You will need to approve your inventory before we proceed to photograph and market your items online.
- Get Paid:
We pay you via EFT or store credit.
Commission Rate Structure:
- 80% An item with an original resale list price of R58 001 or more
- 75% An item with an original resale list price of R50 001 to R58 000
- 70% An item with an original resale list price of R45 001 to R50 000
- 60% An item with an original resale list price of R40 001 to R45 000
- 55% An item with an original resale list price of R30 001 to R40 000
- 50% An item with an original resale list price of R20 001 to R30 000
- 45% All items with an original resale list price of R8001 to R20 000
- 40% All items with an original resale list price of R8000 or less
Some more info:
How do we price?
We base our prices on global market-related values and trends, taking into account the designer, item type, age, condition and current market demand. Certain brands and styles retain a higher resale value and can thus command higher prices than others. We strive to pay you the highest possible price within a reasonable amount of time.
What do we accept?
We accept men and women’s fashion, bags, shoes, watches, fine jewelry, and accessories.
Items must be in:
- Good/Very Good condition – “Gently Used”
- Excellent/ New without tags condition – “Excellent/Barely Used”
- New/Never Worn condition – “New with Tags”
For a complete list of brands we accept, please see our List of Brands (https://thechangingroom.co.za/brands/). The list is not exhaustive and we are open to taking other brands.