The purpose of this policy is to describe the way that we collect, store, use, and protect information that can be associated with persons or another specific natural or juristic person and can be used to identify you or that person.
This policy applies to all visitors to our website or persons who have ordered the goods or services that the company provides.
By accepting this policy, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all of its terms.
Personal information includes:
- certain information that the company collects automatically when you visit our website;
- certain information collected on submission; and
- optional information provided voluntarily.
- information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific person;
- permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to you specifically;
- non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us; and
- information that you have provided voluntarily in an open, public environment or forum including any blog, chat room, community, classifieds, or discussion board (because the information has been disclosed in a public forum, it is no longer confidential and does not constitute personal information subject to protection under this policy).
Links to Social Networking Services
The company uses social networking services such as Instagram and Facebook to communicate with the public. When you communicate with the company through these services, those social networking services may collect your personal information for its own purposes.
These services may also track your use of the company’s website on those pages where their links are displayed. If you are logged in to those services while using the company’s website, their tracking will be associated with your profile with those service providers.
Website User Obligations
You may only send us your own personal information or the information of another data subject where you have their permission to do so.
The company will only use personal information that you provide through this website for the purposes for which you provided it and to fulfill its obligations to you.
Processing includes gathering your personal information, disclosing it, and combining it with other personal information. The company collects and processes your personal information for various purposes, including:
- goods or services purposes– such as providing our goods or services;
- marketing purposes– such as pursuing lawful related marketing activities;
- business purposes– such as internal audit, accounting, business planning, and joint ventures, disposals of business, or other proposed and actual transactions; and
- legal purposes– such as handling claims, complying with regulations, or pursuing good governance.
The company will obtain your consent to collect personal information:
- in accordance with applicable law;
- when you provide us with any information.
- Right to access and to accurate up to date personal information
The company will provide you with access to any personal information that the company holds about you.
You have the right to request access to your personal information. The company will try to keep the personal information we collect as accurate, complete, and up to date as is necessary for the purposes defined in this policy. You are able to review and update any personal information that we hold by emailing or phoning the information officer. In order to safeguard your personal information, the company will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information.
The company will only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes explicitly set out in this policy, unless:
- retention of the record is required or authorised by law; or
- you have consented to the retention of the record.
During the period of retention, the company will continue to abide by our non-disclosure obligations and will not share or sell your personal information.
The company may retain your personal information in physical or electronic records at our discretion.
The company will not make your personal information available to any third party unless this is necessary for the purpose for which you provided the information. The company will only disclose your personal information to third parties in limited circumstances where authorised by POPIA.
The company may use your personal information for the purposes of administering and improving the site, improving our services, or communicating with you. The personal information you provide to us may be shared with operators to the extent that it is necessary for them to administer and improve the website on our behalf.
Messages and updates
The company may send administrative messages and email updates to you about the website.
The company may need to disclose personal information to its employees that require the personal information to do their jobs. These include our responsible management, human resources, accounting, audit, compliance, information technology, or other personnel.
Change of ownership
Should the company undergo a change in ownership, or a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to, another entity, the company may assign its rights to the personal information it processes to a successor, purchaser, or separate entity. The company will disclose the transfer on the website. If you are concerned about your personal information migrating to a new owner, you may request us to delete your personal information.
The company takes the security of personal information very seriously and will always do its best to comply with applicable data protection laws. Our hosting company will host our website in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. The company authorises access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities.
We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third-party websites.
Information Officer: Toni Tamaris
Contact Number: 082 821 6643